Position Title: Sport Coach
The Sport Coach plays an integral role in the selection, development and management of RMIT University sporting teams for the UniSport Australia Nationals program.
RMIT Sport is seeking experienced coaches for the following UniSport events:
UniSport Nationals: 24 - 30 Sept, 2023 – Gold Coast
The Derby: 5 & 12 July, 2023 - Melbourne & Sydney
- Broad and technical knowledge of the sport
- National Coaching Accreditation / Qualification preferred (level 1 or higher)
- Prior experience coaching in a highly competitive environment
- Current Working with Children’s Check (WWCC)
Category 1 Coach - Payment up to $2000, plus travel package
- Level 2 coaching accreditation or higher
4+ years’ experience coaching at a representative level
Category 2 Coach – Payment up to $1000, plus travel package
Category 3 Coach – Travel package
The remuneration offered will be at the discretion of RMIT Sport.
Coaches will be required from team selections in April/May through to the event in late September. (approx. 5 months)
The Sport Coach must act maturely and responsibly at all times as a representative of the RMIT Sport leadership team.
Prior to Event:
1. Coaches will be required to meet with the RMIT Sport UTM to confirm appointment and expectations.
2. Coaches will work in conjunction with the Team Manager to set trial and training dates.
3. Coaches are required to conduct a minimum of two trial sessions. In conjunction with the Team Manager, the Coach will select the best possible team to represent RMIT, ensuring this process is conducted professionally and fairly.
4. A minimum of six training sessions should be held prior to Nationals with full team attendance.
5. The Sport Coach will assist the Team Manager with the organization of team registrations and logistics.
6. Sport Coaches will ensure there is an understanding of a positive team culture and be familiar with the Redbacks team values.
7. Attend any meetings and/or training workshops as dictated by the UTM
1. Ensure that all athletes in the team comply with the RMIT participant Code of Conduct
2. Ensure the team is well prepared and rested for matches. Conduct structured warmups, cool downs and injury management as required
3. Report to the UTM on a daily basis, notifying UTM of results, incidents, playing breaches, or injury
4. Ensure all team duties are carried out by team members
5. Lead by example in terms of sportsmanship and spirit. Ensure that all matches are played to the team’s best ability
6. Attend any meetings, dinners or functions organised by RMIT UTM
7. Assist and support the Team Manager
1. Ensure that any loaned equipment is returned back to RMIT Sport
2. Provide suggestions to assist the UTM to improve the event or team culture in the future