Members can participate in introductory programs, structured comprehensive training for beginner to elite fencers, club competitions and social events. If you’re new to the sport or experienced, we’ve got you covered. Come find out whether you swash or buckle when someone puts a sword in your hand!
We welcome new members throughout the year! Please contact us if you would like to attend a session or to know more about the Club. If you are new to fencing, you can book in to try our ‘Have a Go’ sessions on Monday nights (8pm) and Saturdays (10am), or jump straight in and register for the ‘Sabre Starters’ 6 week program on Wednesdays (7pm) or Saturdays (11am). If you already know how to fence, you can join in our foil or sabre training sessions, which are held three times a week.
Location: Carlton Gardens Primary School, Performing Arts Centre, 215 Rathdowne St, Carlton
Mondays - 7:00pm to 9:00pm
Wednesdays - 7:00pm to 9:00pm
Saturdays - 12:30pm to 3:00pm
What to expect at training:
Our fencing coaching is delivered by crossXswords, who provide expert coaches to deliver comprehensive training for all skills, experience and abilities. Training sessions include:
- Warm Up, including agility, strength & conditioning and dynamic flexibility
- Footwork, including exercises to improve technique, mobility, change of direction and understanding of distance and tempo
- Group Lesson & Drills, including working 1-on-1 with our experienced coaches and in partnered drills to improve bladework, accuracy, tactics and technique
- Bouting, including tactical scenarios, general bouting and competitive bouting
- Social Events:
We hold a number of formal and informal social events throughout the year, including dinners, barbecues, friendly comps and more!
- $20 for RMIT students
- for non-RMIT students please contact us via email!
Regular Training Fees:
- $95 for a 10 class pack or $180 for a 20 class pack
Mobile: 0403 060 642